- 4 three oz fresh or frozen tilapia filets
- 1 can diced tomatoes- not drained
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic (from a jar is fine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350. Take one piece of foil big enough to fully enclose fish filet and put the tilapia on it. Take about 1/4 of the can of diced tomatoes and cover the piece of fish with it, then on top of that put on 1/2 tablespoon garlic, 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 tablespoon dried basil and parsley and about a tablespoon of capers. Add salt and pepper. Wrap the foil fully around the fish and seal at the top by crunching the foil together. Repeat with the 3 other filets. place all the fish packages on a baking sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes. Unwrap and enjoy.
This is a very tasty fish dish, serve with 1/2 a cup of wheat rotini or with some quinoa.