Thursday, April 23, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Meat

Unfortunately no picture for this one, I made it last night and forgot to take a picture being that photographing my food is new to me. This recipe is awesome, so moist and delicious. I had a problem with chicken for a long time, but this is something I have no problem with.

  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or really any part of the chicken, if there are bones, be prepared to pick em out)
  • 1 cup water or chicken stock (I find the stock a lot more flavorful, but I've done it both ways)
  • 1 package of your favorite taco seasoning
  • 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa

Add all the ingredients to the crock pot, mix together until combined and cook on low for 6-8 hours. About an hour before you want to serve it, shred the chicken in the pot with tongs and a fork, but honestly, you wont have to do much work, mine fell apart instantly.

Serve on a low carb/whole wheat tortilla or wrap in a lettuce leaf. Add salsa, LF sour cream, light cheese, and veggies and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment