Saturday, April 25, 2009

Easy Balsamic Lamb Chops




Don't be afraid of lamb! It's so good, and until tonight, I've never cooked it. And surprisingly it was easy! You're gonna need to start the marinade and hour before you cook them.




Marinade




  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar


  • 1 teaspoon honey


  • 1 teaspoon chopped garlic


  • 2 packages artificial sweetener (I used stevia today)


  • a little salt


  • a little pepper


  • 1lb lamb chops cut into individual chops


Heat on low for about 5 minutes until everything is blended and melted together. Lay your lamb chops out in a single layer on a shallow container and pour marinade over them, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, then turn the chops over and let them sit for another 30 minutes. Now I did this on my stove top in a skillet, but you can do it on the grill, or even in the broiler.



After the hour of marinating is up, take the chops out and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and dried rosemary. Make sure pan/grill is hot. Sear meat for 3-4 minutes on each side, longer if you want the meat more well done. This was enough to feed me and my husband, he has a full sized stomach. Serve with watermelon, tomato and goat cheese salad, see below and some corn on the cob.

*Note- the first picture of the lamb was a little too rare so I put it back on the heat a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment