- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 bell pepper, any color (chopped)
- 5 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ground black pepper
- wheat buns, wheat tortillas or whole wheat bread (to put them on) Or the meat is truly good enough by itself.
Usually a crock pot recipe will tell you to brown the meat before adding so you can drain the fat, but turkey has barley any excess fat. And I am lazy. I put the turkey in raw, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Then add all the ingredients, except the buns of course, and mix up thoroughly. Cook on high for 4-5 hours, on low for 6-8 hours. I stirred mine every couple of hours, but you don't have to. These are soooo good.
And yes I am aware I was eating my sloppy joe on a regular bun. Don't tar and feather me, I barley everrrr eat bread, but occasionally I let myself.