Friday, May 22, 2009

Easy Crock Pot Veggie Soup


My husband and I are both sick, in May... What gives??? So one night I threw this together, and it is very good and low in fat and calories. Not a super amount of protein, but if you want something warm and light to fill you up, this is it.



  • 1 can Campbell's low sodium condensed tomato soup

  • 3 cups beef broth

  • 1/2 cup water

  • 1 can diced tomatoes with garlic and onions (undrained)

  • 1 box frozen veggies (with corn, peas, greenbeans and carrots)

  • I also added extra frozen veggies, like 1/2 a box frozen corn and 1/2 box frozen peas

  • Garlic powder (a dash)

  • 1 Tablespoon of Tabasco sauce (this changes the flavor dramatically, it's very good)

  • 1/2 cup wheat pasta

Add all the ingredients, except the pasta, in the crock pot on low. Mix Well. Cook on low for about 4 hours, then about an hour before you want to serve, add the pasta. Cook for another hour. Eat. Yummy. I suppose you can add beans into this to make it more protein friendly. I liked it like this when I was sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment