I went out with my girl friend for sushi (yes, without the baby and the daddy!) and we split a appetizer. We chose teriyaki lettuce wraps, and omg they were delicious! I decided to recreate them the next night and they were nearly identical, and very easy.
- 1 lb chicken breasts, chopped in small pieces prior to cooking
- sesame oil, about a tablespoon
- salt and pepper, enough to coat the chicken
- 1 can of water chest nuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 a white onion finely chopped
- 1-2 chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 a teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 a cup of kikkomon teritaki glaze
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter (optional gives a Thai taste to the dish)
- 1 head of iceburg lettuce
O and if you want to know what to do with the extra 1 or 2 leaves of lettuce, see below.