I love lentils and I've been in the mood for a summery soup. The weather is sooo nice I decided I did not want to slave over a pot for hours, so I will let my crock pot do half the work.
- 2 can lentils, drained well
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth or I used College Inn culinary Thai coconut curry broth http://www.collegeinn.com/products/culinary-thai-curry.aspx
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion diced fine
- 2 small zucchini's chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
Add the first 4 ingredients in the crock pot on high. Then in a large pot over medium heat sprayed with cooking spray, soften onion, carrots and zucchini. Add salt and pepper to the veggies. Cook for about 15-20 minutes. Add to crock pot. Add spices. Cook for an hour and a half on high heat. Just before eating take a cup or 2 of the mixture and blend it up and add it back to the crock pot for a thicker broth. Top with greek yogurt or sour cream! *Hint, if you do not want to cook all of the veggies you can throw all the ingredient in the crock for 8 hours on low.* Enjoy!