Monday, April 12, 2010

Peach Salsa Chicken





















I think this may be my last recipe before the baby comes. I've been having LOTS of contractions today and yesterday. If the baby's born tomorrow, it will be my hubby b-day too!! I've been on a peach thing recently, I cannot wait for peach season in Jersey. Thus this recipe was born.
  • 1-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 16 ounces diced peaches, drained from can juices

  • 2 plum tomatoes, diced

  • 2 small jalapenos, diced and de-seeded

  • 1 small white onion, diced

  • 2 cloves garlic chopped

  • zest and juice of 1 lime

  • 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro and 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste on chicken and in salsa

Preheat oven to 375. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breast and place on a baking dish. In a bowl add all the remaining ingredients for the salsa. Mix together and season with salt and pepper. Pour evenly over chicken and back for 20-30 minutes depending on how thick your chicken is. We liked this a lot! I served it with brown rice and broccoli. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment