- 1 lb lean ground beef (or meatball mix if you have it)
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs (scrambled)
- 2 pieces of bread soaked in milk
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl add all the ingredients, except the mozzarella cheese. Make sure all the spices are chopped fine. For the bread, soak 2 pieces in a bowl of milk, before adding the bread, squeeze out excess milk and tear into little pieces (Just a side note, if you have cats, please watch this bowl at all times or else you will enter your kitchen to find your fat cat drinking out of your bread bowl.) Mix everything together, your hands work best for this. Form meatballs into about an inch round ball. Chop the mozzarella cheese and stick a piece into the middle of each ball, making sure the meat covers the cheese completely. Arrange on lightly oiled baking sheet.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Or until completely cooked through. Add to sauce and enjoy!