Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chicken Mango Sausage, Peppers and Onions




My husband has now declared this is his NEW favorite dinner. I love going to trader Joe's and getting these ingredients, but you can pretty much get them anywhere. This is a fruity twist on traditional S,P&O's.
  • 1 package chicken mango sausages, cut into bite sized pieces (I used trader Joe's, but you can get chicken sausage pretty much anywhere)

  • 1 large yellow onion chopped into thin strips

  • 2 bell peppers, I used red and yellow, cut into thin strips

  • 1/2 cup frozen mangos (or you can use one fresh mango)

  • 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic

  • 2 Tablespoons mango salsa (you can find this is the Mexican foods section or dressing aisle in a jar)

  • 2 Tablespoons mango juice (I used Goya)

  • salt and pepper to taste

  • cooking spray

Spray a large skillet and set on medium high heat. Add in frozen mango and cook for about 3 minutes. Then respray and add in onions and peppers. Salt and pepper and cook for 15-20 minutes until softened, but not mushy. Add in sausage and cook for about 5-10 more minutes. Add in garlic, mango salsa and mango juice, and cook just long enough to thicken the sauce. Serve over quinoa or brown rice. This is seriously delicious!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds good....I love mangos and I love Sausage lol

    ReplyDelete