Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Crustless Taco Pie




I adapted this recipe from my mom, who used to make a similar pie, but with pie crust and a few other differences. My hubby loved this. It was excellent!

  • 1 large whole wheat tortilla


  • 1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey (I used turkey)


  • 1 pkg taco seasoning


  • 3 cups LF cheddar cheese


  • 1 large jar salsa


  • 1 cup crushed whole wheat tortilla chips


  • LF sour cream

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare ground beef with taco seasoning as per envelope instructions. Place wheat tortilla in the bottom of a pie pan. Layer in 1/2 of the taco meat, then 1/2 of salsa, and 1 cups cheese. Then repeat with meat, salsa then on the top sprinkle chips and top with remaining cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream and cheese on top. This is very tasty and full of protein!

3 comments:

  1. yumm! I am only 7 days post op so I can't have it yet...but I got all the ingredients and am making it for my gf and grandpa tomorrow and they will tell me how it tastes :-D

    Post more recipes when you can I really enjoy them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so the verdict is.....the fam LOVED it! I so wanted a bite but I can't for another 5-7 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good & easy! We had this tonight!

    ReplyDelete