If you are looking for a delicious, moist, flavorful meat loaf, you have found it. It is so easy. So good for leftovers too.
- 1lb ground turkey or lean ground beef (I used turkey)
- 1/2 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste (or ketchup)
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons each fresh basil, parsley and oregano. (Or 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings)
- 1 slice of wheat or whole grain bread soaked for 5 minutes in water or skim milk, broken up (I used water)
- Ketchup for the top of the meatloaf
Preheat oven to 375. Mix all the ingredients together except the ketchup for the topping. Put in loaf pan or place on a baking sheet shaped into a loaf shape and brush a few tablespoons of ketchup on top. Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes. Enjoy.