I made these tacos last week, my husband is still talking about them. They are ceviche style which means they are very acidic (limes) and are served cold. Yum!
- 3 limes (the zest and juice from all three)
- 1 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup avocado, diced and peeled
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 jalapeno, chopped very fine (my own addition)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped very fine (another addition that I added)
- shredded cheddar
- 4-6 low carb corn tortillas, or wheat (smaller tortillas work best for this)
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. In a bowl add peeled shrimp, chili and cumin powder. Mix well. Add to skillet and cook through. Then in a bowl add all the additional ingredients, except tortillas and cheese. Cover and chill in fridge. When ready to eat, preheat oven to 350, lay out tortillas on baking sheet add some cheese and bake for 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted. Assemble and enjoy.
For the topping, buy some prepackaged cole slaw, add 2-3 teaspoons lime and lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy.