Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Holy Moly Unfried Chicken Thighs







I was craving some crunch for dinner. Yesterday I bought 5lbs of chicken thighs for 3 dollars (whoo hoo). Usually I would do something with the crock pot, but these thighs had the bones and skins on it. And I do not feel like deboning. So I remember my mom used to make a corn flake chicken breast, she also used to make very fattening ranch chicken breasts. I decided to combine the two and lower the fat content. These thighs are crispy and awesome. For those who have problems with chicken, especially baked chicken, seriously try these. They are soo moist, I had absolutely no problems!


  • 6 chicken thighs, with bone in, skin removed



  • 1/2 cup flour (I used wheat, you can use what you have)



  • 2 table spoons chili powder



  • 3/4 cup FF or LF ranch dressing (I used low fat)



  • 3/4 a cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs



  • 1/2 cup crushed corn flakes



  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese



  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder



  • foiled lined baking sheet

Preheat the oven to 375. Remove the skin from your chicken thighs. You will need 3 bowls or dishes. In the first bowl add and mix the flour and chili powder. Dredge the chicken in the flour and chili powder mixture. Then dip the chicken in the ranch dressing. Add together the bread crumbs, corn flakes, parm cheese and garlic powder. Dip each chicken in bread crumb mixture. Place chicken on baking sheet. Cook for 40-45 minutes. These are soo good and crispy!

No comments:

Post a Comment