Friday, September 3, 2010

Veal meatballs in home made marinara
















I had a random pound of ground veal I needed to use up. I had made meatloaf, burgers and chili this passed week. I decided to make meatballs and I had no desire to go out and buy additional meat. So I made just veal meatballs and my goodness they were delicious!

  • 1 lb ground veal
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
  • 1 teaspoon each salt, pepper and dried oregano
Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Form one inch balls. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. These were so freakin good. And the great thing about veal is per pound contains less calories and half the fat of lean ground beef. Serve with your favorite sauce, or use my homemade simple marinara recipe.

In a sauce pan heat 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add in 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes. Mix in 1 jar tomato paste, 1/4 cup fresh basil and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Simmer on low for an hour. Mix in meatballs. Eat, enjoy, repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment