Monday, June 28, 2010

Garden Meatloaf















I love meatloaf, and I love trying to make it different each time. My inspiration came to me when a zucchini in my garden was ready for picking. So I added a ton of herbs and veggies from the garden and the result was a very fresh, yummy meatloaf.
  • 2 lbs ground beef, turkey or chicken
  • 1 sweet pepper, chopped
  • 1 small zucchini, chopped
  • 1/2 a white onion chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic chopped
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, parsley, oregano and chives chopped
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2-3/4 cups Italian breadcrumbs (depending on texture)
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce or ketchup, plus some for the top
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook for 25-30 minutes. You can be really versatile with the veggies you throw in here. This came out really moist and the veggies were perfectly cooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment