Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mac and Cheese Style Green Beans


I miss mac and cheese. I never eat it anymore unless I get a random urge to mac a little bit with wheat pasta. These green beans remind me of yummy, creamy mac and cheese, without the carbs. It's a great side with any meal!


  • 3 cups frozen green beans, boiled for 10 minutes in salter water

  • 1 cup low fat cheddar cheese

  • 2 tablespoons skim milk

  • 1 teaspoon butter

  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

  • salt and pepper

Boil green beans and drain. Return the beans to the pot and mix in milk and butter, mix for a minute. Add in cheese, a dash of salt and pepper and the cayenne. Mix until the cheese is melted, and enjoy. This was so yummy! Next time I might add the finished beans to a casserole dish, top with cheese and breadcrumbs and baked like baked mac and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment