Thursday, October 28, 2010

Crock Pot Orange Chinese Beef
















I am a little addicted to my crock pot. I think I need a support group. In my travels today I found an Aldi food store, and I'll admit I was a little overly excited! I've been wanting Chinese food so bad today, even though at this point with my weight loss I can eat it, it's so greasy I really don't want to. I picked up some thin sliced sirloin so I decided to make some Chinese at home. You can also totally make this as a stir fry in a pan.
  • 1 lb thin slices sirloin cut into strips
  • 1 Tbsp sesame oil (you can use whatever you have, I used sesame for the Chinese theme)
  • 1 teaspoon ginger powder
  • 2 green bell peppers, chopped
  • 2 small white onions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
Heat oil up in a pan. Salt and pepper your steak and brown it up in the pan. Add your chopped onions, peppers, and garlic in the crock pot on low. Add steak in. Add in ginger powder, teriyaki sauce, OJ, and soy sauce. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. This was soooo delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment