Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sausage and Cheese Balls




Ok I'll admit it, it's Superbowl Sunday and I'm sitting here watching Titanic on TBS. I do not get football. But that doesn't stop us from having tons of yummy food around. I found this recipe on a Bisquick website, that I modified to make much more WLS friendly. These are absolutely delicious!

  • 2 cups Reduced Fat All Purpose Bisquick mix



  • 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casing removed



  • 4 cups low fat sharp cheddar cheese



  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese



  • 1/2 cup skim milk



  • 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary



  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder



  • 2 teaspoons dried parsley



  • a few grinds black pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Roll into 1 inch meatballs and place on a foil lined, baking dish (spray the baking dish with cooking spray, or they will stick). Bake for 20-25 minutes. These make a lot depending on how big you make them. You can dip in mustard, chili sauce or whatever you have on hand, but I think they're great plain! I plan on making these again for appetizers for my baby shower, and no one even knows they're low fat.

3 comments:

  1. I made these at Christmas without any Bisquick (to make them low carb) and they were delish! Definitely not low fat, as I used full-fat sausage and cheese, but yummy just the same! I'm going to give your version a try. Do you have nutrition info?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had the gastric sleeve a month ago. I will be making these with turkey sausage low fat mozzarella cheese omitting the bisquick.

    ReplyDelete