Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Year, New You!




Hello all my blogger/WLS friends! Time for a new year!! A lot has been happening in my life where I was not cooking as much as I wanted to be. For one, my husband and I moved from our apartment to my parents house, so for about a month I was kitchen less/food less during the transition, we were eating out way more than I wanted to. Now there is a kitchen struggle with my mom, we both cook, so we alternate cooking days. It's working well now, just had to get into the swing of things, it's just hard when I have been living and cooking on my own for 4 years.




I graduated from Georgian Court University with my Bachelors of the Arts in Psychology with a concentration in health and human resources, and a minor in Spanish. Took 4 and a half years, but feels great to achieve such an accomplishment. Not to mention, I had both my Gastric Bypass and Gall Bladder removal while I was a full time student.




My husband and I are expecting a baby GIRL in April of this year, which is the main reason we moved back home, there was room for us and the baby, and I'm going to need help! LOL. We are absolutely thrilled, this is such an exciting time!




Finally I am struggling with gaining this baby weight. I know I am pregnant, but it makes me feel terrible that I have gained about 20lbs. I am almost 7 months pregnant with no gestational diabetes and perfect blood pressure, so no none of my Dr.'s are even slightly concerned with the weight gain. It's more of a mental thing for me, my clothes not fitting is driving me crazy but I am still eating super healthy with the occasional craving here and there. I know once the baby is born I CAN and WILL lose the weight. My WLS has given me hope I can do it!




So I say it's about time for some new recipes!! Eggplant chili coming tonight!!




Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment