Tuesday, May 12, 2009

French Onion Soup Chicken!




OK I promise to move on to another protein soon, just trying to use up the 5lbs of chicken I bought last week! The inspiration for this dish was a trip to Atlantic City this weekend. We went to the restaurant "Contential" for dinner and my girl friends ordered "french onion soup dumplings" as an appetizer. I ate one, and holy moly it was awesome! Hence the inspiration for this chicken.




  • 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, thin sliced


  • 1 envelope onion soup mix


  • 1 8oz package fresh mushrooms chopped


  • 1/2 white onion, diced


  • cheese (I used low fat feta, but next time I think I'm going to use a few slices of provolone)


  • salt and pepper


  • cooking spray


Spray a large skillet over medium heat. Add in chopped mushrooms and onions, salt and pepper them. Cook for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place chicken breasts on a foil lined baking dish. Sprinkle each breast with about a teaspoon, or less of onion soup powder. Spoon the mushroom and onion mixture on top of each chicken breast and top with cheese. The feta was good but I wanted it more gooey, so provolone next time. Bake for 13-15 minutes in the oven on 350.



As a side I made asparagus, its so easy to do. Just wash the asparagus, cut off the ends and add olive oil, salt and pepper on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment