Friday, April 24, 2009

Not yo momma's brussel sprouts


Ok so my mom never made brussel sprouts, in fact, I was a brussel sprout virgin until tonight when I got the courage to make them. I don't see why people make such a big deal out of them, I thought they were pretty good. So if you were scared as a kid because your mother boiled them down to mush and slathered them with butter, here's a good brussel sprout recipe!



  • 1 bussell of brussel sprouts

  • olive oil

  • salt

  • pepper

  • nutmeg

  • parmesan cheese (grated)

Preheat oven to 400. Wash sprouts, trim stems if necessary and cut them in half length wise. Arrange them on a foil covered baking sheet, cut side up. Drizzle olive oil over sprouts (or if you have olive oil cooking spray, by all means spray it on top.) Sprinkle salt, pepper, nutmeg and parm cheese on top, I know the nutmeg is kinda weird but go with it. Bake for 15-25 minutes until golden brown on top. These are crunchy and healthy and the nutmeg and cheese gives it something a little extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment